Want to volunteer super-basic beta services to kinkmemers? Or looking to have your WIP fill checked over? This is the place to do it!
Please keep in mind that the Beta Express is for betic quickies only -- a once-over for English grammar, a fast fact-check, things like that. And as always, remember that beta is the second letter of the Greek alphabet -- alpha is the first, and the alpha reader is YOU, the writer!
There are two formats offered here, the Once-Over (which involves reading the whole fill or part/s of it) and the Quick Question (one to two specific questions), and three aspects of express beta: English grammar, style, and fact-checking. (The Language Beta for languages other than English is here. Fact-checking can be for any topic -- history, culture, science, sex...)
There is also a whole journal dedicated to Hetalia on these terms: hetalia_pen
You can go there for more help and information when this page fails you.
- You are allowed to post logged-in. If you do, please turn on your notifs -- anonymous comments are screened by default, and while we will manually unscreen volunteers' comments, writers' comments will remain screened unless they say otherwise.
- In your subject line, please tell us what formats and aspects you are willing to beta.
- In the body of your post, please specify a contact method and maximum length willing to look over (if you're offering Once-Overs) as well as your area(s) of expertise (if you're offering fact-checking). If you're offering Once-Overs and there's some genre or kink which you absolutely cannot bring yourself to read through even for express-beta purposes, definitely include that information!
- In the spirit of fillers and requesters remaining anonymous, please remain anonymous here as well. You may choose to reply directly to logged-in volunteers; your comment will remain screened and seen only by the volunteer. Otherwise, please use the contact information provided.
- Regardless of what method of contact you choose, please tell the volunteer which of their offered services you are asking for. Please make sure to read their post carefully to ensure that they will, in fact, take your question(s) or read your writing. And finally, don't forget to thank your volunteer when the business is concluded!